Hot Links: What Fresh Lunacy is This?

Stuff I’m Reading this Morning…

The Fed’s minions are popping up all over the place to explain how stimulus will continue post-taper. It hasn’t been working.  (Bloomberg)

Exit from the bond market is turning into a stampede.  (NYT)

How Chinese government and banking officials are wreaking havoc on global markets the way the Europeans used to.  (RiskReversal)

Ed Yardeni: Gold vs TIPS.  (DrEdsBlog)

Quick, go tell your ancestors – gold was a terrible investment between 1500 and 1965.  (TheAtlantic)

Equity dividend funds get their stress test.  (Morningstar)

Why short-sellers aren’t pouncing all over this anti-rally.  (MoneyBeat)

Tyler Cowen: Okay so it turns out that Bernanke’s purchasing flow might have been more important to rates than me and Krugman thought…   (MarginalRevolution)

Tom Brakke: The trouble with the way we use Sharpe Ratios…  (ResearchPuzzle)

Brian Lund: How to pick up your money in the market today – possible reversals in AAPL and SPY.  (bclund)

30 percent of Americans are unhappy at work. The other 70 percent are unemployed.  (CBS)

Bridgewater is having a tough year in its “All Weather Portfolio” – which is an oxymoron of course, but don’t tell anyone.  (Reuters)

300 years of financial crises.  (LibertyStreetEconomics)

The science behind why we think better after exercise.  (ScientificAmerican)

Another paid penny stock-tout on the Fox “Business” Network. Fuckin’ disgrace.  (MediaMatters)

Emma Stone is so hot and everyone loves her.  (Buzzfeed)

New Oliver Reed biography (you knew him as Proximo from Gladiator) reveals what many have long suspected – he was the biggest badass of all time.  (Spectator)

Don’t miss The Takeaway, my daily linkfest for financial advisors (InvestmentNews)

REMINDER: Backstage Wall Street is now on Kindle!

This content, which contains security-related opinions and/or information, is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon in any manner as professional advice, or an endorsement of any practices, products or services. There can be no guarantees or assurances that the views expressed here will be applicable for any particular facts or circumstances, and should not be relied upon in any manner. You should consult your own advisers as to legal, business, tax, and other related matters concerning any investment.

The commentary in this “post” (including any related blog, podcasts, videos, and social media) reflects the personal opinions, viewpoints, and analyses of the Ritholtz Wealth Management employees providing such comments, and should not be regarded the views of Ritholtz Wealth Management LLC. or its respective affiliates or as a description of advisory services provided by Ritholtz Wealth Management or performance returns of any Ritholtz Wealth Management Investments client.

References to any securities or digital assets, or performance data, are for illustrative purposes only and do not constitute an investment recommendation or offer to provide investment advisory services. Charts and graphs provided within are for informational purposes solely and should not be relied upon when making any investment decision. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The content speaks only as of the date indicated. Any projections, estimates, forecasts, targets, prospects, and/or opinions expressed in these materials are subject to change without notice and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed by others.

Wealthcast Media, an affiliate of Ritholtz Wealth Management, receives payment from various entities for advertisements in affiliated podcasts, blogs and emails. Inclusion of such advertisements does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Content Creator or by Ritholtz Wealth Management or any of its employees. Investments in securities involve the risk of loss. For additional advertisement disclaimers see here:

Please see disclosures here.

Read this next.