Because there was so much certainty in 1999 and 2007 and all the other years, lol.
Anyway, here’s some fun stuff from a quick poll of financial advisors with a minimum of 15 years experience…
- A majority of advisors called 2011 “The Year of Volatility” or “The Year of Uncertainty”
- A majority of advisors communicated with clients more frequently in 2011 than 2010
- More than half of advisors said their clients’ mindset was “apprehensive”
- Majority of advisors are more worried about eurozone than US or China
- Advisors were evenly divided on what kept them up at night: running the business, the markets and keeping clients happy
- Only one-quarter of advisors said they slept well in 2011
- 40 percent of firms grew by more than 10 percent in net new assets
The poll, conducted by the SEI Advisor Network, surveyed 200 financial advisors during December 2011. Nearly two-thirds of the respondents (65 percent) have spent at least 15 years as an advisor. As a reminder, the SEI Advisor Network provides turnkey asset management and back office administration to more than 5,800 advisors and has $28.8 billion in advisors’ assets under management.