Hey guys! Whenever we have an open position at the firm, I prefer to offer it to people who know us and are part of our world first. If you’re a fan of The Compound / Ritholtz Wealth and you’re looking for a new opportunity, we’re growing fast and we need your help. We’re hiring a creative media editor, someone who works with either audio, video or both.
Below is the ad that’s going to go up on LinkedIn eventually. You or the people you send this to will have first crack at the opportunity. Hit us at hiring at ritholtzwealth dot com and be sure to write “Creative Media” in the subject line. Thanks! – JB
Creative Media Editor
Ritholtz Wealth Management is a fast-growing, unconventional (no suits/ties) financial advisory firm with an even faster
growing YouTube channel and social media presence. We’re seeking a Creative Media Editor to join our rapidly growing,
close-knit team to help edit quality visual media and audio content.
The position includes competitive pay, good benefits, a very friendly and close group of coworkers with a “work hard/play
In this role, you should expect to:
● Edit audio and video content for podcasts, interviews, explainer videos, and social media posts
● Maintain well-organized project files for archiving and sharing with others
● Play a supporting role in podcast production (audio and video)
● Effectively troubleshoot audio/video issues
● Help manage an active YouTube channel
● Can lead projects throughout the various stages of the project cycle from pre-production to post production
● Deep understanding of digital media and content production across multiple formats
● A fast learner and critical thinker capable of following instructions and accepting criticism
● Able to produce quality work on tight deadlines
● Are comfortable collaborating with many different teams of people
● Bachelor’s degree in audio or film Production (or related fields), or equivalent professional experience as
● 2+ years of professional experience in audio and/or video
● Knowledge of audio recording and post production techniques
● Proficiency in Adobe Audition, Premiere Pro, and iZotope
● Ability to troubleshoot technical challenges and problem solve calmly
● Positive attitude and solid communication skills both written and verbally
● Please include samples of previous work with your application. You can also email documents to
● Experience with live-streaming or live broadcasts
● Eye for design
● Interest in investing/finance/economics
The candidate must be a team player who is proactive and takes pride in their ability to execute tasks, problem solve, and
be a team player. Detail orientated with proven organizational skills is a must, as is the ability to manage time efficiently and
multi-task. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are very important as this role determines a significant part of
our growing YouTube channel and social media presence.
Looking forward to meeting you!