Welcome to the latest edition of What Are Your Thoughts – Michael Batnick and Downtown Josh Brown break down the biggest topics of the moment. On this episode:
* Private markets used to be thought of as “the smart money” while public markets were for retail shleps – but this time around, it’s the public investors who are calling bullsh*t on the VCs, private equity firms and insiders.
* It’s not just value investing that’s out of favor – value commentary from the likes of Howard Marks seems to be on the wane as well.
* Is the breakout for international stocks finally going to happen?
* The big brokers’ announcements about commission-free trading seems to left out the mutual fund wrapper in the cold. Is this just another nail in the coffin?
* Has inflation finally bottomed? A big anecdotal sign has come our way…