Over the last several years I’ve had the pleasure of being able to attend the Ira Sohn Conference in New York City as something of a media person – this has allowed me to cull the insights from the conference into blog posts and tweets, essentially making my own research process something accessible to readers. Here are my notes from the 2013 conference and here are 2012’s.
I’m excited about the lineup for this year’s conference, which happens on May 5th at Avery Fisher Hall (Lincoln Center). Check it out…
The main stage speaker lineup for the 19th Annual Sohn Investment Conference:
- William Ackman, CEO and Portfolio Manager, Pershing Square Capital Management, LP
- Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics, Duke University
- David Einhorn, President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
- Mariko Gordon, Founder, CEO and CIO, Daruma Capital Management, LLC
- James Grant, Founder and Editor, Grant’s Interest Rate Observer
- Jeffrey Gundlach, CEO and CIO, DoubleLine
- Paul Tudor Jones II, Co-Chairman and CIO, Tudor Investment Corporation
- Philippe Laffont, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Coatue Management
- Michael Novogratz, Principal and Member of the Board of Directors, Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Larry Robbins, Founder, Portfolio Manager and CEO, Glenview Capital Management
- Zach Schreiber, Portfolio Manager and Chairman, CEO and CIO, PointState Capital LP
- Chris Shumway, Founder and Managing Partner, Shumway Capital
In addition to the afternoon’s premier program, Next Wave Sohn will present a slate of elite emerging managers delivering their best investment ideas. Held in the morning just before the feature event, Next Wave Sohn will mirror the high-energy, securities-focused presentation format for which the conference is known. All Sohn Conference attendees are invited to RSVP for the program at no additional cost when they register for the conference. A limited number of tickets to attend Next Wave Sohn in isolation will also be available.
The speaker lineup for Next Wave Sohn:
- Ethan Devine, Partner and Portfolio Manager, Indus Capital Partners, LLC
- Jason Karp, CEO and CIO, Tourbillon Capital Partners LP
- John Khoury, Managing Partner and Portfolio Manager, Long Pond Capital, LP
- Nitin Saigal, Founder, Kora, LLC
- Will Snellings, Founder, Marianas Fund LP
The event raises a ton of money for scientific research leading to cures and treatments for a host of medical issues and diseases. It’s a really great event, if you’re able to be in New York, follow the link below to register: