This will be an extremely light week of posting at TRB. Thanksgiving, while sometimes active for the markets, is always a quiet time in terms of client service, meetings and scheduled calls. In the meantime, I’ve got my work cut out for me on the following projects:
1. I’m finishing up my second book right now (I’m a co-author) for a spring release. I think people are going to love it, but it’s still in draft mode at the moment.
2. My team and I are working on the new firm’s official website and related material, which we’ve opted to take our time on rather than throw together just because the firm has been launched. Still have no idea what the finished product will come out like, I’m taking a backseat to Barry on that project for the most part.
3. I’ve picked up a couple of interesting speaking gigs I need to be ready for. One speaking engagement I’m particularly excited about is for the employees at a certain recently-public social media giant during the first week of December. I’m so psyched to meet and greet the troops and hopefully have helpful insights to share.
4. I’ve got a series of fun posts planned for the newest, hottest, most aggressive media firm on the web this winter. They’ve got a kickass audience, tens of millions of young professionals and creative-types hitting their posts every day. I really want to kill it for them.
5. We’re integrating a new performance-reporting and portfolio analytics engine for our advisory clients that we’re really excited about. The rollout is expected to take place next week, it’s taken about six weeks so far to build out and is widely believed to be the best in the industry. I think our clients are going to be really excited as they get access to it.
So that’s it from me for awhile. I’ll be making a couple of TV appearances this week and maybe I’ll put up a post or two, but if I’m not around now you know why. In the meantime, I’d suggest you take this time to read as little as possible about the markets, the economy, etc. It will all be waiting for you when you get back.
Enjoy, my friends, see you soon. – JB