Dave Kansas at MarketBeat tracks the Dow’s big winners and losers for the first quarter:
This quarter, the top five Dow stocks Caterpillar (+18.9%), Chevron (+17.8%), Pfizer (+16%), ExxonMobil (+15.1%) and Walt Disney (+14.9%).
The bottom five: Cisco (-15.2%), Microsoft (-9%), Merck (-8.4%), Procter & Gamble (-4.2%) and Johnson & Johnson (-4.2%).
He’s also got an interesting list of index superlatives and factoids, here are the first five before I send you over…
- The Russell 2000 gained 5.99% in the first quarter
- The Russell 2000 is now at its highest level since Oct. 10, 2007.
- The Russell 2000 is 1.43% from its record close of 855.77 reached on July 13, 2007.
- The DJIA is up 26.1% in the past three quarters.
- The DJIA is up 6.1% since its low of the year reached March 16.