45 days from the end of every quarter, large investors like mutual funds and hedge funds must meet the deadline and disclose what stock positions they hold. Yes, there is a minimum 6 week delay on this data for competitive purposes amongst the funds, but a great deal of wisdom can be gleaned from these filings if you know what to look for and which funds to follow.
And nobody on the web or off does this better than my pal Jay from Market Folly.
Do yourself a favor and subscribe to his site or its feed for the lowdown on what stocks are being bought and sold by the following hedge fund titans:
– Stephen Mandel’s Lone Pine Capital
– Lee Ainslie’s Maverick Capital
– Tudor Investment Corp (Paul Tudor Jones)
– Moore Capital Management (Louis Bacon)
– Caxton Associates (Bruce Kovner)
– Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway)
– Carl Icahn (Icahn Partners)
– George Soros (Soros Fund Management)
– Bret Barakett’s Tremblant Capital
– Peter Thiel’s Clarium Capital
– Philip Falcone’s Harbinger Capital Partners
– Boone Pickens’ BP Capital
– John Paulson’s Paulson & Co
– Barry Rosenstein’s Jana Partners
– Ken Griffin’s Citadel Investment Group
– Jeffrey Gendell’s Tontine Associates
And that’s just a few. Market Folly is covering the hell out of this stuff, don’t sleep.
Check it out: