Having wiped this week’s excremental non-farm payroll data from our hair and car windshields, I would say it’s time we began to focus on which sectors and industries are actually hiring.
In a highly unscientific study, I’ve come up with what I believe to be the Top 10 Job Openings for October 2009:
10. Virtually any department of the federal government
9. Greenspan apologist
8. Stimulus-funded road gangs and shovel corps
7. Dollar Store Santa Claus
6. Chicago Olympic bid party clean-up crew
5. Cash for gold shill
4. Haunted House design/ Candy inspector
3. Wal-Mart anti-trampling security
2. Deal or No Deal contestant
1. Bank of America interim CEO
Update your resumes accordingly, America…the jobs are out there.