Josh here – I’m announcing a new role here at Ritholtz Wealth before we put this out on LinkedIn. I always try to give a chance to our fans and friends first. Applicants must have at least a few years of public accounting experience or have worked as an enrolled agent. Working directly under CFO Bill Sweet and on behalf of our advisors and clients – this is a golden opportunity. We’re looking for talent all over America, so if that’s you or you know someone who’d like a shot at this, get in touch* after reading the below description:
Ritholtz Wealth Management is a fast-growing Registered Investment Advisory firm seeking a highly-motivated Tax Staff Member to help our finance and tax team with a variety of tax and accounting projects. Key tasks include but are not limited to bookkeeping, reporting, billing, invoicing, and tax filing, as well as assist our financial planning team to service high net worth clients with tax-planning needs.
The candidate will be a part of building a new service within a thriving and fast-growing wealth management firm with nearly unlimited potential for future growth. The candidate must be client service orientated and a team player, able to understand how investment goals intersect with tax.
Proven organizational skills and attention to detail are requirements, alongside the ability to manage time efficiently and multitask. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are very important as this role shall oversee all financial and accounting activities for the firm. Will work closely with the CFO to manage budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, payroll, billing for the firm and in service of on-going tax-related matters with advisory relationships.
Position is remote / work-from-home.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Prepare / review financial statements and reporting package, including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow; investigate variances and trends
- Monthly bank reporting & reconciliation & credit compliance
- Responsible for high level of accuracy and completeness of invoice preparation
- Ensure that invoices are in agreement with client billing arrangements & records
- Perform project close-out and reconciliation
- Research and resolve billing and payment discrepancies
- Computer-savvy and capable of learning new software applications with relative ease
The ideal candidate is:
- Excited to tackle tax-related projects and solve individual tax issues
- Possesses strong analytical skills, organizational skills
- Process driven and at ease with technology and client account
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines where accuracy is paramount
- A fast learner capable of following instructions, accepting criticism and meeting deadlines
- Comfortable collaborating with many different teams of people
- Proactive and prides themselves on their ability to execute tasks and problem solve
- Veterans, military spouses, reservists, and National Guard Service members are encouraged to apply
- 1-2 years of experience in public accounting
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Salesforce (or equivalent client resource manager), Word, Excel, and Drake/LaCert or equivalent income tax program
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Thrives in distributed work-from-home environment
- TD Ameritrade, Schwab, Fidelity or equivalent brokerage platform
* Josh here – this is it! Email email@example.com with your resume and tell us why this role should be yours! Please write TAX STAFF in the subject line so it goes to the right place.