“Dinosaur Trader is a stock trader. He writes about the daytrading lifestyle, parenthood, marriagehood and the often combustible mixture of the three. He created the stock blogosphere in 2007.”
This past weekend, Josh (aka my slave-driving boss) put up a handy post (link: http://thereformedbroker.com/2011/02/27/financial-blogging-secrets-the-bible/) on how to be a successful financial blogger. I found his altruism inspiring, even touching, and it has inspired this post.
Below you will find my winning formula for writing a blog post. Any blog post. Amazingly, this method also applies for doing stock research, mowing your lawn, or even having that thorny conversation with your wife/mistress/sextress.
Here’s how I go about writing a post:
1. Check email.
2. Read the NY Times.
3. Browse the videos at Break. (link: www.break.com)
4. Peer out the window at my neighbor doing yardwork.
5. Read The Hipster Runoff. (link: www.hipsterrunoff.com)
6. Watch old episodes of The Daily Show. (link: http://www.thedailyshow.com)
7. See if anyone has left comments on old posts.
8. Think dark thoughts about America’s future.
9. Give little “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” to Yahoo news comments.
10. Check email.
Follow Dinosaur Trader here: