The Rich Man’s Bubble is popping and no one gives a f***

Let’s say, for argument’s sake, that the prices for startups, venture funds, luxury San Fran / NYC / Hamptons real estate, atrocious contemporary art, tech momentum stocks, the Nasdaq, the Russell 2000 and “cloud plays”  have peaked for the cycle. Let’s also say – again for argument’s sake because who really knows – that a lot of money gets lost as a result.

So what.

What is the societal impact of the art market collapsing in on itself (as it always does once stocks stop rising)?

What happens to the actual economy if Twitter can’t get back over the IPO print?

What’s the effect on the nation if the Sand Hill Road Maserati dealership wait-list drops back down to 6 months from 10?

I’m going to go ahead and say none. Zero impact.

How do I know?

Because if the inflation of a bubble hasn’t benefited anyone on the way up, how widely can its deflation be felt?

No one else is playing. No one’s in except the 1% and the benefits have largely accrued to the .1% or the .01% anyway.

Unlike the dot com bubble and the housing / credit bubble, this time around there was such exclusivity on the way up that it almost doesn’t matter. Almost nobody got hired as a result of the Rich Man’s Bubble, almost no one got a raise either. In 2000, everyone was daytrading. Not today. In 2006, everyone was financing everything in sight and acquiring homes. Not today.

All we got this time around was a lot of cheap web storage somewhere in the ether, a half-dozen useful (free) apps and a handful of nephews and son-in-laws who were momentarily billionaires on paper. Big f***ing deal.

That the enormous prosperity of the new bubble wasn’t spilling over to 99% of the nation was largely seen as a curse. Maybe now it’ll be seen as a blessing in disguise.

To those who have been playing, I’m sure you’ve done well enough by now anyway. It’s okay.

Sorry if you missed your IPO window. Don’t worry, we’ll blow up another one of these bad boys soon enough.

Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.

What's been said:

Discussions found on the web
  1. Blue Coaster33 commented on Apr 20

Healing’s Dragon

to discover troubles to further improve my web page!I suppose its okay to generate use of a couple of of one’s principles!!

2. Click here to download commented on Apr 23

The Absent Game

Among me and my husband we’ve owned a lot more MP3 gamers over time than I can count, which include Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few several years I’ve settled down to one line of players.

3. watch tv show episodes commented on Apr 24

Third Flower

My wife and that i happen to be now delighted that Albert could perform his research thanks to the suggestions he had as a result of your web content. It really is once in a while perplexing to just usually be giving freely measures which lots of peopl…

4. free movie downloads commented on Apr 24

Thorn of Girl

Excellent info can be uncovered on this world wide web website.

5. water ionizers commented on Apr 25

The Silent Shard

This can possibly be quite handy for a few of your job opportunities I decide to really don’t only with my blog but

6. water ionizer commented on Apr 26

Souls in the Waves

Superior Morning, I just stopped in to visit your web site and considered I’d say I loved myself.

7. alkaline water benefits commented on Apr 30

The Silent Shard

This can likely be fairly helpful for a few of one’s employment I plan to do not only with my blog site but

8. enagic kangen water commented on May 01

The Ships’s Voyages

I think engineering just can make it worse. Now there’s a channel to by no means treatment, now there is not going to be a chance for them to find.