Goldman Sachs just sent its very first tweet this morning, it was adorable:
Anyway, thought I’d chime in with a few quick tips and suggestions…
1. Be cool. Not everything on your stream has to be PR
2. Tweet research like UBS @UBSAmericas
3. Also join StockTwits and be sure to blast some equity upgrades and downgrades through there – its where all the tickerhounds and traders and investors are, may as well engage.
4. Follow good people, smart people, not just lame, mainstream, boring, “safe” people
5. Wouldn’t kill you to throw some RTs around. You’ll probably be at 50k followers before year-end, that kind of thing goes a long way in social media
6. Have some fun, be quirky. Why not change the avatar to a picture of a squid for a day, why not tweet a link to an old Muppet Show clip. This ain’t LinkedIn, this is the Twitter, relax.
Anyway, I’m sure you’ll do none of these things, but I wish you luck, see you on the stream – J to the B