AR Magazine is out with its 11th annual list of the top-earners in Hedgistan for 2011…
1. Raymond Dalio (Bridgewater Associates) $3.9 billion
2. Carl Icahn (Icahn Capital Management) $2.5 billion
3. James Simons (Renaissance Technologies Corp.) $2.1 billion
4. Kenneth Griffin (Citadel) $700 million
5. Steven Cohen (SAC Capital Advisors) $585 million
The tough markets in 2011 led to a major shakeup of the Rich List this year. The majority
of last year’s winners — some 15 managers — fell off the list. The most high profile of
these is Paulson & Co. founder John Paulson, who failed to make the Rich List for the
first time since 2007 after some of his firm’s hedge funds generated losses of between 30
and 50 percent.
There is no shortage of fresh faces on this year’s Rich List. Eight managers on the list are
newcomers, demonstrating that even in challenging markets it’s still possible to generate
outsize returns. They include Bridgewater co-chief investment.
Whole release in the PDF below: