CFT_Banner

Who Is Tyler Durden of ZeroHedge?

First Rule of EconoBlogging...

First Rule of EconoBlogging...

This guy is a machine.

I’m a blogger, and a fairly prolific one, so I know a machine when I see one.

Tyler Durden“, the anonymous blogger who writes ZeroHedge, is writing night and day and breaking huge, market-moving stories left and right.

I’m blown away.

For the uninitiated, ZeroHedge is a financial blog with the fatalistic tag: ON A LONG ENOUGH TIMELINE, THE SURVIVAL RATE FOR EVERYONE DROPS TO ZERO“…and the blog’s content is every bit as brutal.

Tyler’s most recent revelation/ prediction could be an absolute monster of a development…he’s calling it The Upcoming Black Swan of Black Swans.

ZeroHedge believes that the top handful of program-trading firms, especially Goldman Sachs, have begun to make up an alarmingly high amount of the daily market volume.  ZeroHedge makes the case that this volume is set to dry up in a major way, which would lead to earth-shattering volatility.  Lack of liquidity is the enemy of a healthy and efficient market, and so the fact that a Goldman has been allowed to become so integral to the volume picture is frightening to say the least.

This story has begun to make its way around the web, I saw that Michael “Mish” Shedlock of Global Trend Analysis just picked it up.  This is the type of head’s up that many people don’t get until its too late.  If Durden’s hypothesis is correct, buckle up.

Tyler’s contributed a ton of guest posts to Naked Capitalism but ZeroHedge’s archives only seem to go back to early January of 2009.  Unlike most financial bloggers, who start out strong and then taper off as the readers don’t come or they get bored, ZeroHedge is picking up steam and mentions everywhere, with more and better posts each week.

I also love the old-school “dot blogspot” address, I’m taking the fact that the site isn’t at it’s own domain as a sign of how urgent the posting itself is.  No time to do much more than slap a Google banner up and get crankin’.  That’s gangsta.

If you’re a trader or a Wall Street pro and you’re not checking out ZeroHedge, you’re walking through a busy intersection blindfolded.  Consider this fair warning.

Full Story:  The Incredibly Shrinking Market Liquidity (Black Swan of Black Swans) at ZeroHedge

Read Also:

My Love Letter to LOLFed

Why Dealbreaker is a Must-Read Site

What's been said:

Discussions found on the web
  1. dinosaurtrader commented on Apr 16

Nice find. I’d love for the market to freak out a bit… good for us traders, bad for our parents.

-DT

2. dinosaurtrader commented on Apr 16

-DT

3. dinosaurtrader commented on Apr 16

-DT

4. Alyx commented on Apr 16

Following TD (@zerohedge) on Twitter is a treat too. More often than not, he breaks news there before WSJ/Drudge/anyone has it.

5. Alyx commented on Apr 16

6. Alyx commented on Apr 16

7. Joshua M Brown commented on Apr 16

yeah, i get his tweets…i have a blogcrush on ZeroHedge

8. Joshua M Brown commented on Apr 16

yeah, i get his tweets…i have a blogcrush on ZeroHedge

9. Joshua M Brown commented on Apr 16

yeah, i get his tweets…i have a blogcrush on ZeroHedge

10. dinosaurtrader commented on Apr 16

Blogcrush… btw, I like the end of day report you’ve been tossing out.

-DT

11. dinosaurtrader commented on Apr 16

Blogcrush… btw, I like the end of day report you’ve been tossing out.

-DT

12. dinosaurtrader commented on Apr 16

Blogcrush… btw, I like the end of day report you’ve been tossing out.

-DT

13. futtrader commented on Apr 21

yeah he is a gun! I wouldnt be surprised if he has someone helping him.

Redundant analyst Im guessing

14. futtrader commented on Apr 21

yeah he is a gun! I wouldnt be surprised if he has someone helping him.

Redundant analyst Im guessing

15. futtrader commented on Apr 21

yeah he is a gun! I wouldnt be surprised if he has someone helping him.

Redundant analyst Im guessing

16. Joshua M Brown commented on Apr 21

He could also be Dick Fuld….

LOL

Thx for reading

JB

17. Joshua M Brown commented on Apr 21

He could also be Dick Fuld….

LOL

Thx for reading

JB

18. Joshua M Brown commented on Apr 21

He could also be Dick Fuld….

LOL

Thx for reading

JB

19. macrodude commented on May 01

He does have a second writer, Cornelius who also puts up stuff. Not as frequently as TD but it’s pretty solid from a macro perspective.

20. macrodude commented on May 01

21. macrodude commented on May 01

22. Chuck commented on May 02

As good as he is, it’s a shame he couldn’t come up with an original name. Any square can steal a cool character from a film and cash in on it. The Tyler Durden in Fight Club wouldn’t do something that lame. Actually, wouldn’t be writing a financial blog at all.

23. Chuck commented on May 02

24. Chuck commented on May 02

25. notimpartial commented on Jun 08

Too bad the call was terrible . . .

26. notimpartial commented on Jun 08

Too bad the call was terrible . . .

27. notimpartial commented on Jun 08

Too bad the call was terrible . . .

28. bll t commented on Jun 23

He is warren Spector a la bear stearns

29. bll t commented on Jun 23

He is warren Spector a la bear stearns

30. bll t commented on Jun 23

He is warren Spector a la bear stearns

31. Tylers Burden commented on Aug 10

So Durden has made a name for himself and kept his readers out of the biggest rally in 20 years.

Very nice.

How much should we pay him for that?

32. Tylers Burden commented on Aug 10

Very nice.

How much should we pay him for that?

33. Tylers Burden commented on Aug 10

Very nice.

How much should we pay him for that?

34. zero profit commented on Aug 12

Yeah, Durden is nothing but a paranoid permabear who sees conspiracies everywhere on wall street. No wonder hes blogging and not pulling down 7 figures on wall street. Every blip on the screen is a sinister event by a wall street dark pool or something. It gets tiresome as you see the pattern day after day. Could be Alan Abelson the way he is constantly bearish.

35. zero profit commented on Aug 12

36. zero profit commented on Aug 12

37. ZeroBrains commented on Aug 22

Yes, leave the successful trading to the big brokers like GoldieLox.

Stick with Tyler Durderrrr and maximize your losses.

In a zero sum game someone has to lose. If I were a big financial institution like Goldman I would create a anonymous blog and fill it with fancy financial talk and charts and Scribd documents ALL of which would lure in my counter parties. When they short the market because of something they read on ZeroBrains, I would take the long side of the contract. I use my free TARP issued funds to ramp to the moon.

ZERO HEDGE == GOLDMAN SACHS

38. ZeroBrains commented on Aug 22

Yes, leave the successful trading to the big brokers like GoldieLox.

Stick with Tyler Durderrrr and maximize your losses.

ZERO HEDGE == GOLDMAN SACHS

39. ZeroBrains commented on Aug 22

Yes, leave the successful trading to the big brokers like GoldieLox.

Stick with Tyler Durderrrr and maximize your losses.

ZERO HEDGE == GOLDMAN SACHS